FADS: "Friends and Associates of Denton School!"
Our school’s Parent-Teacher Association, FADS, is an active and supportive group of friends, mostly parents, who arrange functions for adults and children and help the school in many ways, including helping in school, assisting the teachers on educational visits, supporting our school disco - and joining us on our special days, such as our "Decorating Day"! They organise our Christmas Bazaar and Summer Fair - which are very enjoyable events which raise money for our children!
Recently, FADS have enriched our school through:
- donating £1,200, from the Summer Fair profits, for books for our new school library;
- paying for new window blinds in the mobile classrooms;
- donating £50 to each class to buy activities for Golden Time;
- paying for a whole school interactive performances of "Dick Whittington", "Snow White", "Cinderella" and Aladdin by the Rainbow Theatre;
- donating £50 to the school to buy plants for our borders;
- collating and producing a School Calendar, including art work from every class, to sell in aid of our school funds;
- part-subsidising our Chinese Arts Week, Caribbean Arts Week, African Arts Week, Indian Arts Week and South American Arts Week with donations of £500 for each!
- organising all the refreshments for our school disco!
- donating £3,500 to buy seven new computers for our computer suite!
- buying a log traverse to add to our outdoor play equipment!
All parents, staff and governors are automatically members of the Association and anyone willing to take an active interest is very welcome to join the meetings. New ideas for both social and fundraising activities are always welcome!